Monday 30 December 2013

The 7th Day of Blogmas

This post is coming to you from my phone, sitting at the top of the staircase, listening to a dinner party of adults discussing how horrible the internet is. I've heard the phrase "changing our brains" about six times already. Happy Holidays!

So it's almost that time again - New Years resolutions just waiting to be made, and broken. The last two years, instead of an abstract idea, I've set myself very specific goals on January 1st. To take a picture a day, write a blog post a week. While I have yet to be perfectly successful at any of these, I'm always glad to have attempted them.

 The last few weeks I've been agonizing over what to do for 2014. Although it's clearly not the point, I really would like to complete one of these things. Essentially, I don't want to set myself up for failure. This past year I definitely struggled a lot with writing a post every week. If I tried to do the same thing this year, I'm afraid it wouldn't go any better. 

So then, what to do? I guess in asking myself this, I have to consider what I am really looking for. I like the satisfaction of setting and reaching a goal, and I like having something to show for it, even if it's only to the few friends who follow me around the internet. As paradoxical as it sounds, I like having a structure to encourage my creativity. Truthfully, I kinda like pretending that this is my job - blogging, social networking, or even just writing. The thought of something, or someone, depending on me putting words and thoughts together, is really kinda awesome. 

So I guess I'm still undecided. Do I blog? Do I take pictures? What else is there?I've got about 24 hours in which to set my new goal. That's plenty of time, right? 

Goodnight, bloglings 

P.S. if anyone has ideas for me, feel free to shoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment