Thursday 26 December 2013

The 3rd Day of Blogmas

What's the perfect way to rest and relax after a gruelling semester and exam period? By developing an instant obsession with a new TV show and spending every waking hour glued to a screen, consuming season after season as fast as possible, of course. It's the millennial way.

My newest love is the show Parks and Recreation. In ten days I've watched all five and a half seasons - or just about. As soon as I hit publish on this post, I'll be once again consumed by the obsession. I've only got three episodes left!

But I have a problem. My utter adoration for this show has become a curse - I've have absolutely  nobody to talk to about it. Any place on the internet (cough/tumblr/cough) is going to be full of spoilers. And so far, I haven't been able to convert any of my family members. (But boy, have I tried.)

I'm not sure where to begin with what I love about this show. I've never been really into comedies, and I especially can't stand shows that take place in an office. But this one has a ton of heart. A quirky, stifling, adorable, and frustrating small town. A fantastic, amazing female protagonist. And lovable, flawed, real friends who care about each other a rediculous amount. Also feminism. A lot of feminism.

This may be the coma-inducing boredom and loneliness of winter break talking, but this show makes me so, so proud of the wonderful friendships I'm privileged to have. It also kinda makes me want to run for public office with a cute, scrawny, nerdy boyfriend as my campaign manager. 

 If you haven't seen it, you should. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a victory speech to write.
 I mean a show to watch.

Goodnight, bloglings


No comments:

Post a Comment